Friday, February 5, 2010

Caregiver's journal, 2/5/10

My 86 years mother has been diagnosed with middle stages of Alzheimer's disease. I've been caring for her since her last two strokes. Care giving is very demanding 24/7. Most of my energy is spent caring, bathing dressing, administrating medicine, and tending to her medical needs.

My art business has suffered greatly. I had not painted in months. I've gotten too the point of not wanting to do art, but something continues to pull in that direction. So slowly, when I do get the energy, I've created new pieces and they given me a sense of peace in my world of stress and pressures of caring for an elderly parent.

Friend near and far, internet friends continue to support me as well. Thank you for all who have come to visit my site, read this blog and send words of encouragement.

1 comment: