Thursday, March 4, 2010

Caregiver's journal 3/1/10

Hello. Thank you for prayers and kind words of encouragement. Somedays I feel I can't go on, then someone or something someone said or did: picks me up, dust me off, lends a hand or gently pushes me in the right direction, send encouraging words and support.

I try not to think of the hardship or my elderly mother's decline. I think about the time we have together, and know life has given me an opportunity for laughter instead of heartaches.

Mom will say,

1)"My fingers are icky sticky", (she finished eating with her fingers, or rest her hand in her dessert bowl of ice cream), It's okay-let's wash your hands.

2) "I went to the bathroom all by myself", (she stuffed while half a roll of toilet paper in her pants, and a huge puddle on the floor), the floor needed mopping.

3) "I dress myself, I did it right?", (her clothes upside down or inside out), Let's change your clothes, you look silly.

4) "I don't understand why my sleeve is wet", (she like resting her hand in a bowl of soup), Well, it was time to change her shirt anyways.

Remember to turn life's messes into something worth smiling about.

Thank you everyone for caring. Best wishes to everyone who visits and takes the time to read my blog.

1 comment:

  1. My grandfather was much the same when he was in his 90's. I know it is hard. God bless you and keep you and your family.

    BTW, my son didn't notice until 4th period on Friday, that he had put his pants on backward. Good thing his shirt was long enough to cover that fact so he didn't get teased before he discovered it himself and fix the situation.

    ReplyDelete