Sunday, April 18, 2010

caregiver's journal 3/10

March 2010

I finally had one week off of caring for my elderly mother. My sister offered helped to care for mom for one week. It was so nice to get some free time. My husband give a a great early 20th wedding anniversary, we went to a SPA. It was so nice to soak in the mineral baths, salt baths and get a full body massage. I haven't felt that relaxed in a long time. I didn't realized I needed much pampering and someone take care of me. It was a wonderful experience. I got refreshed, rejuvenated, and refueled. I can become a better caregiver and help my mom live her life for the better.


Now, my mom's back home, wish my vacation didn't have to end. At least I know I can have some free to time for myself and not feel guilty about it. I've always heard that on planes they tell you, "You must use the oxygen mask for yourself, before it is administer to others. Your no good to anyone, if you don't care for your self first". I have to stop caring for other for a short while, so that I can care for my self. What a concept. Thank to all who continue to send support.


No comments:

Post a Comment