Saturday, August 21, 2010

Caregiving Journal 8/21/10

Hello everyone. Thank you for coming back. It's nice to have a loyal following. The days have been difficult dealing with placing my mother in a home. I know it is the best place for her due to her condition, but it's hard dealing with guilt. I visit her 2-3x a week. I've read, if a nursing home patient receives visitors often, they tend to do better than those that don't. She cries wanting to go back home, when I visit. I try to be strong, and tell her that it's too dangerous for her to return home due to her choking. Her response is, "What choking, I never choke on my food, I'm healthy and well." She doesn't remember most incidents due to her Alzheimer's disease. She believes she can do anything as capable person could do, yet she get frustrated when she can't even remember how to basic needs as brushing her teeth, how to swallow, or even getting words out correctly to make a sentence. Thank you to everyone's love and support during this difficult time in my life.

Now that mom has gone into a home, I have a little more time on my hands. I'm trying to rebuild my business. If anyone enjoys my sparkling glitter art and what I do, PLEASE mention it to friends and family. It's been said, word of mouth is the best form of compliment, I thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart.

I've found some more beautiful finds, this time it's all jewelry. All jewelry lover, visit these wonderful shops and share some love. Sending best wishes to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment