Saturday, August 28, 2010

Caregiving journal 8/21/10

I'm sorry if my journaling about my mom bores some of my visitors. When I write, it's part of me, it helps me and to gives me peace of mind. Thank you for all who have given there support during this difficult time. I try to stay positive, but I have to relearn how to relax and not be a full time caregiver. I've been on auto pilot for so long that I don't know how to relax. Just to watching TV or working on my art has been difficult, I feel as if I need to check on her constanly and to see if she needs assistance or needs anything. My kids have to remind me she no longer in the house. When I visit her at the nursing home, she keeps saying, I abandoned her and threw her away. It breaks my heart. It's hard, because she doesn't understand or can't remember what I told her on the last visits.
Finding new unique crafts, jewelry, art has helps me to relax. I'm an artists with a passion for beautiful creations and handmade. Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart goes out to you. I experienced the same feelings when my mom was in "home hospice" and my dad was in a nursing home across town. I had 2 that needed me at the same time and I was worn out completely.
    God Bless,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for understanding on what it takes to care for an elderly parent.

    ReplyDelete